Fall Articulation Smashmats
I have some fun fall articulation materials that can be used during treatment or as part of a home practice program. Kids are quite motivated by the seasons, and this cute activity will be no different!
They are easy and motivating, and your students/clients will get A LOT of motor practice in a short amount of time.
Fall Articulation Worksheets Uses
The materials in this packet are "smash mats" or "dot pages."
You can use the pages as you would like; however, I will let you in on some of my favorite uses.
- dot the circles with dot markers
- color the circles crayons or makers
- place stickers on the circles
- laminate the pages and use dry erase markers or play doh to cover the circles
- get a few spinners and tokens and turn them into board games
See....easy and no-prep!
Fall Articulation Smash Mats Practice Ideas
I use these materials for both articulation and language practice since I don't have any time to prep between sessions. Below are some of my favorite ideas.
- Name a picture (word level practice) and then place a token or playdough on it (motivation).
- Point a picture, say it, and then, make up a sentence using the chosen word (sentence level practice). After, the child places a token or playdough on it (motivation).
- Pick two pictures and make up a sentence using both words (sentence level practice and language practice).
- Pick a favorite or least favorite picture and explain why (connected speech level practice).
- Print off a game board and find a coin (heads is 1/tails is 2) or a dice and 2 tokens. Roll the coin/dice. Move a token along the game board and name pictures as you pass them. The first one to reach the finish line wins.
Language Practice Ideas
- Name a function or category of a picture and then place a token or playdough on it (motivation).
- Describe a picture and then place a token or playdough on it (motivation).
- Find 2 pictures that are related, describe why, and then place a token or playdough on it (motivation)
- Pick an action, place, and character picture and make up a story about them (narrative language practice).
- 54 pages of fall-themed worksheets
- There are 3 pages for the following sounds: B, D, CH, F, G, J, K, L, M, N, P, R, S, SH, T, TH, V, Z
- Each sound has an apple tree, leaf tree, and pumpkin page
- Each smash mat combines all word positions
How To Access Smash Mats
If you are a member of Speech Therapy Talk, then simply login and click on fall print materials.
If you would like to join and access ALL materials plus thousands more, click here: Join The Only Affordable Membership Program out there!
Otherwise, these 54 pages of articulation smash mats and board games are only $8.00!! To buy them, simply add them to your cart, purchase them, and you will have them sent to your email immediately!
Just for being here, I have a free sample for you! Click the link below to grab your materials.