Speech Therapy Cards
I have jumped on the Cariboo craze for speech therapy. My students, ranging from 2-10 years old, LOVE Cariboo. I don't necessarily get it, but I am not complaining.
Children are motivated, enjoying themselves, AND are getting A LOT of speech and language practice.
The cards here are in Spanish. If you need the English Cariboo cards, click here.
- Cariboo cards for the following sounds: B, CH, D, F, G, K, L, M, N, P, R, S, T
- Cards for the initial, medial and final position (when applicable)
- Colorful, HIGH-FREQUENCY words used to help with generalization
- When able, pictures with "less ink" used to cut down on printing costs
How To Use Cariboo Speech Therapy Cards:
You can use these cards any way you see fit....obviously. They are yours. However, I will share some of my favorite activities.
- Single-word practice: Child has to name a card before opening it
- Carrier phrase level practice: Child has to say "I want to open (picture)" before taking a turn
- Sentence level practice: Child has to use the word in a sentence before taking a turn (language and articulation practice)
- Grammar: Child has to use a word (picture) in a sentence paired with a targeted grammar skill (i.e., pronouns/verb/conjunction)
- Vocabulary: Child has to define a word (picture) before taking a turn
- Categorization: Child has to name a category that the desired card belongs to before taking a turn or the child must find a picture that matches a certain category before opening it.
- Function: Child has to name the function of the desired card before taking a turn
- Location: Child has to name where he/she might find the object (picture) before taking a turn
- Similarities/differences: Child is able to open 2 boxes after he/she states how they are similar or different
How To Access Cariboo Cards
If you are a member of Speech Therapy Talk, then simply login and click on Spanish articulation worksheets.
The Cariboo cards will be listed under each sound.
If you are not a member and want to try it out, click here for more information.
Otherwise, these Cariboo cards are only $10.00!! To buy them, simply add them to your cart, purchase them, and you will have them sent to your email immediately!
Where To Buy Cariboo
Okay...I have some bad news for you. This game isn't for sale anymore. I found my game at a garage sale. You can also check second-hand stores or reach out to friends with older children.
Below, I provided a link to Amazon just so you can check out what the game looks like and to read more about it. Now, it is for sale on Amazon for $187....that is just plain absurd. I would take my time and explore used toy sites.
More Articulation Tools
As part of our membership program, we have even more Spanish materials
- If you are a member, please log in and access them here!