Speech Therapy Hidden Pictures
FUN and INTERACTIVE spring hidden pictures for speech and language practice.
These PowerPoint materials have become one of my favorite activities to do during each therapy session to target both speech and language goals.
Keep reading to find out how and to grab a free download.
How To Use These Materials For Therapy
First things first, I want to review on HOW to use these materials.
You need access to PowerPoint. Otherwise, they will not work.
To use these materials:
- Click on the link below and the PowerPoint will download
- Open download
- Once open, click the "play" button. It is on the top navigation and has a "play button" on it
- Once all the pictures have been clicked, a hidden picture will appear!
- There are 6 slides and each slide has a different hidden picture
Note: These materials can be used in-person or during remote learning. If you would like to use them during teletherapy, just share your screen and start clicking away! If you would like to use these materials during in-person treatment, a second screen is very helpful!
How To Use These Materials in Therapy
- Single Word Level - have the child name the picture
- Phrase Level - have the child pair the picture with a phrase such as "I see a ____"
- Sentence Level - have the child make up a sentence using the picture
- Conversation - have the child tell a "story" using the picture as a starting point.
- Function: Name the function of the object before clicking on it
- Category: Either challenge the student to click on an image that fits into a category or have the student name the category before clicking on an image
- Description: Have the student describe what a picture looks like before clicking on it
- Divergent Naming: Have the child name another object that would fit into the same category of the picture the child wants to click
- Have the child create a sentence using a picture
- The sentences created will depend on the child's goals (pronouns, verbs, subject-object agreement, etc..)
Prepositional concepts (this was a new and popular one)
- Take turns telling the other to click on an image by describing the location of a picture. For example, you might say, "click the image under the apple" or "click the image next to the cat."
- Pick a card and create a one-sentence story. For example, let's say a child picks a lunchbox. Then, the child has to create a story using lunchbox while including "who," "where," and "what happened." The child might say..."She brought her lunchbox to school."
Free Hidden Pictures Download
For FREE hidden picture download, please click the link below. After the download is finished, just open it to start playing!
NOTE: Even though this deck has TH words, you can still use it to get language practice as well!
Access to ALL Speech Therapy Hidden Pictures
If you would like to access all the spring hidden pictures, including:
- L Blends
- R BLENDS
- S BLENDS
then read about our membership program. For a small fee, you can access all the materials listed above and MORE.
Our membership program is:
- Cost effective!!!
- Easy to implement
- Always something new each week!