Materials & Games
R blends for speech therapy can be difficult to learn for any child, especially a child with a speech disorder; however, I am here to help ease this task with some free and paid resources at my R Blends Word List page.
There is a little something for everyone!
Available R Blends Resources
You have 3 options for resources:
- Free (word lists and game ideas)
- Join our informative newsletter (also free!) and receive free cariboo cards and smash mats
- Purchase our awesome full set of R blends resources (smashmats and Cariboo cards)
Keep reading to explore and discover which resources best fit your needs.
By popular demand, I created a “blends edition” of our Cariboo cards and articulation smashmats.
Cariboo Cards - Blend Edition
- Cariboo cards for the following S blends: SK, SL, SM, SN, SP, ST, SW
- Cariboo cards for the following L blends: BL, FL, GL, KL, PL
- Cariboo cards for the following R blends: BR, KR, DR, FR, GR, PR, STR, TR, THR, SHR, SKR, SPR, TW
- 26 pages in total
- You get more than just R blends
Smashmats - Blends Edition
- Articulation mats for the following L blends: BL, FL, GL, KL, PL
- Articulation mats for the following R blends: BR, KR, DR, FR, GR, PR, STR, TR, THR, SHR
- Articulation mats for the following S blends: SKR, SPR, SK, SL, SM, SN, SP, ST, SW, TW
- There is one mat with that combines all blends for each sound
- There are game boards for the all sounds listed above as well
You can read more about it here or buy your own copy by clicking the link below and adding it to your cart.
If you want a free smashmat, fill out the form below!
R Blends Word List
BR Blends Word List
KR Blends Word List
DR Blends Word List
FR Blends Word List
GR Blends Word List
PR Blends Word List
STR Blends Word List
TR Blends Word List
THR Blends Word List
SHR Blends Word List
SKR Blends Word List
SPR Blends Word List
TW Blends Word List
Google Drive R Blend Word List
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Google Drive. I can access my word lists from any device; laptop, desktop, or phone.
If you want a copy, fill out the form above. I put all the word lists in one folder. Once you receive your email with the materials, make a copy of the files and they are yours to use and tweak as needed.
Articulation Games for R Blends
Take turns with your child saying the desired words during the games listed below. It is important to practice hearing and saying the words.
- Brush - A child can brush his/her hair, brush your hair, brush a doll’s hair, or use a paintbrush. Make sure to say “brush” before taking a turn.
- Crayon - Practice “kr” while drawing a picture using crayons. Say “crayon” before picking a new color.
- Drive - Drive cars around a track, down a ramp, on the floor, etc.. You and your child can pretend to drive somewhere or talking about driving while actually driving a car.
- Frog - Play with toy frogs, find actual frogs in a lake/pond, or do frog jumps around the room.
- Green/Gray - Find all the green or gray things in a room. Easy!
- Price - Play store and name/decide the prices of objects
- Street - Push cars or trucks on a street (pretend street)
- Treasure - Play toys around the room and go on a treasure hunt to find them
- Throw - Throw a ball in a basket or paper scarps in the garbage. Fun!
- Shred - Rip up paper as you pretend to “shred” them
- Scribble - Get out lots of coloring utensils and make scribbles
- Spray - Fill a bottle with water and spray plants, the sidewalk, etc...
- Twist - Twist around while dancing
If you are a parent and your child
- has trouble saying multiple sounds
- needs to work on vocabulary development
- needs to improve grammar skills
- is working on following directions
- needs to work on narrative language
- needs to work on social skills
AND you want
- a step-by-step guide to help your child
- ideas on how to improve all language skills at home
- functional games
- and more!
Then, our members site might be just what you need.
If you are a professional and you want:
- Articulation Screening Tools
- Data tracking sheets
- Templates in Google Drive for easy data tracking and graphing
- Homework sheets/parent handouts on articulation therapy
- General flashcard games
- 36 flashcards for each sound: B, D, F, G, J, K, L, M, N, P, R, S, T, V, Z, SH, TH, CH
- 8-10 functional games for each sound
- Language based worksheets to spice things up!
- Picture description tasks
- Short story stimuli
Our membership might be just what you need.