R Word List
Speech Therapy Materials
If your child is having trouble saying the sound R, my R Word List page can help you!
If you are a speech therapist and you need some R speech therapy materials, you have come to the right place!
Below you will find lots of free materials!
- First, there is a FREE worksheet (for non-members) and link (for members) to access new articulation materials.
- Second, there is a word list for quick viewing.
- Next, you can sign up for a FREE newsletter and receive ALL THE WORD LISTS in one Folder in your Google Drive.
- After that, check out a brief explanation on how to say the target sound.
- Last, there are ideas for articulation practice that do not require flashcards or word lists. This is the most functional option and appropriate for children working on generalization.
Enjoy the FREE materials!!!
R Worksheets and More!
We have BRAND-NEW articulation worksheets for teaching, drill practice, generalization, and language based articulation games!
Just fill out the form below to grab your free worksheet!
R Word List
Google Drive Word List
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Google Drive. I can access my word lists from any device; laptop, desktop, or phone.
If you want a copy, fill out the form above. I put all the word lists in one folder. Once you receive your email with the materials, make a copy of the files and they are yours to use and tweak as needed.
R Packet Using High-Frequency Words
This is MY FAVORITE NEW RESOURCE! I HONESTLY use it all the time for each articulation session and handouts for home practice.
The words chosen for speech therapy can make all the difference between a good therapy program and a great one! For the generalization phase, it is crucial to use high-frequency words!! It only makes sense to use words that the client will actually say outside of the therapy room. Right?!
For only $5, you will receive 35 pages of materials including:
- Flashcards that can be used as Cariboo Cards too, yeah!
- Flashcard free games that can be used as home practice
- Dot sheets, smash-mats, and/or coloring pages
- Articulation warm-up sheets which can be used as a goal review sheet
- Cue cards
- Word lists
- Flashcards which contain word, phrase, and sentence level practice
- Cut/paste sentence level worksheets
- Self-assessment sheets
- Parent handouts
- And more!
Read more about it here.
Articulation Games for R
The R sound is a later developing sound, usually mastered by age 5. R is also one of the hardest sounds to master in ANY language!
Take turns with your child saying the desired words. It is important to practice hearing and saying the words.
- Write - Say “write” as you take turns drawing on a piece of paper
- Race - Say “race” as you and your child run across the yard
- Ready - Say “ready” before you start your race
- Read - Say “read” as your child reads a sentence in a book
- Fork - Say “fork” during meals
- Shirt - Say “shirt” as your child helps you with the laundry
- Sorry - Say “sorry” while playing the board game, Sorry
- Car - While talking about your favorite car, say “car”
- Hair - Say “hair” while your child combs her hair
- Wear - Say “I’m wearing” while describing what clothes you are wearing
If you are a parent and your child
- has trouble saying multiple sounds
- needs to work on vocabulary development
- is working on improving grammar
- is working on narrative structure
- needs to work on social skills
AND you want
- a step-by-step guide to help your child
- ideas on how to improve all language skills at home
- functional games
- and more!
Then, our members site might be just what you need.
If you are a professional and you want:
- Articulation Screening Tools
- Data tracking sheets
- Templates in Google Drive for easy data tracking and graphing
- Homework sheets/parent handouts on articulation therapy
- General flashcard games
- 36 flashcards for each sound: B, D, F, G, J, K, L, M, N, P, R, S, T, V, Z, SH, TH, CH
- 8-10 functional games for each sound
- Language based worksheets to spice things up!
- Picture description tasks
- Short story stimuli
Our membership might be just what you need.