Winter Teletherapy Games
To spice up speech therapy this winter, I created some fun "board games" using Google Slides.
These board games are an easy way to keep kids motivated while working on speech and language skills,
These board games are no-print/teletherapy-friendly too!
How To Use These Materials - MUST READ!!!
I made these materials using Google Slides. To play them, you must use Google Slides.
Please read the directions below on how to open and use the game properly.
- Click on the link.
- Once you click the link, it will prompt you to "make a copy."
- Click "make a copy."
- Once the file opens, you are ready to play!
- For this game, DO NOT PRESS PRESENT. You must use the game in edit mode.
- Have each player choose a game piece.
- Next, click a slide below the game to practice the needed speech or language skill.
- Next, click back on the game board (first slide).
- Have a player "roll the dice" by clicking the dice screen one time (sometimes twice).
- The dice will start rolling.
- Click the dice again to stop!
- Click on the game piece once to select it and then drag it around the board as needed.
How To Use These Materials in Therapy
You can use these materials anyway you see fit. However, I use them a few different ways depending on the level/goal of my client.
- Single Word Level - Have the child name the picture
- Phrase Level - Have the child pair the picture with a phrase such as "I see a ____"
- Sentence Level - Have the child make up a sentence using the picture
- Conversation - Have the child tell a "story" using the picture as a starting point.
- Have the child define the picture
- Have the child describe what the picture does
- Have the child tell the function of the object
- Have the child name a synonym or antonym
- Have the child describe what the picture looks like
How To Use If Your Child Can't Share Control of Screen
I LOVE these games for my clients who can't control the screen.
To make it more fun for them, they tell me when to "start" the dice and when to "stop it."
They have control over the game and it isn't just "luck" (or so they think).
More Board Games
I have MORE board games which focus on a variety of popular articulation and language goals. If you are a member of Speech Therapy Talk, then simply login and click on winter. They are located in the middle of the navigation on the left.
If you are not a member, please click below to learn about how you can join. For a small fee, you will have access to HUNDREDS of speech therapy materials. Many are remote learning friendly such as these!
Free Board Game
If you would like a free Marshmallow/Hot Chocolate board game, please click the link below.